Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How much signal I need to cut across 8 lane? None? I turn now...good luck, everybody else!

It's been awhile since I last posted...I would like to take a moment to apologize to all of my non-existent readers. I realize that you guys have been waiting with bated breath for me to post my next blog, and it was selfish of me to keep that from you. I will do my best to keep it from happening again.

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me start by saying TRAFFIC SUCKS ASS!! I know this isn't groundbreaking information or anything, but I just really wanted to get that off of my chest. I got off work at 5 and got home about 10 minutes ago. I know to some people an hour and twenty minute commute is nothing, but I am not one of those people. I have absolutely no patience when it comes to sitting in bumper to bumper traffic...especially when the drive without traffic takes about 20 minutes tops. In between swearing under my breath and begging the apocalypse to come early and wipe out everyone in front of me, I began to think about my fellow drivers' behavior, which led me to think about the behavior of people, whether in a vehicle or not. I've noticed that a lot of people (not everyone, mind you...just A LOT) act like they're entitled to things. I'm not the best driver in the world, despite what I assure my parents, but I try at the very least to be a couteous driver. If I can see someone struggling to get over while everyone flies by them, I'll try to make room for them to get over. Or if I'm the one who is trying to get over, and someone throws me an opening, I ALWAYS shoot them a wave that I like to think says, "Hey, thanks for not being a douchebag! You're swell!" I like these people....these people are not the ones that send me spiralling down into a blind rage. No, the people that make me want to use my car as my own personal murdering machine (a PMM, if you will) are the ones who don't thank you for letting them over or who purposely try to keep you from getting over.

Seriously, I don't get it. When did we all become such assholes?

I don't have to let you over...I was being nice. The least you could do is be thankful, you ass hat. I don't need you to throw me a freaking parade (mostly because the traffic situation is already bad enough without a Snoopy float and a marching band announcing what an awesome and courteous driver I am), but a little bit of acknowledgement would be nice. I mean, really, it takes a second to throw up a wave to thank someone for not being a shit human being and letting you over. If someone cut you off, you wouldn't think twice about flipping them off, so why not take a second to thank the nice man or woman who let you get in front of them. Last time I checked, you're not royalty (granted you might be; I don't know you- but I highly doubt it), and I definitely know I don't owe you anything. I'm just trying to be nice because I know how frustrating it can be to fight your way through traffic. I'm fairly certain these are the same people who, when you hold the door open for them, breeze through without so much as a glance in your direction.

 Jeez...I'm sorry I didn't get to the door sooner to announce your arrival, Your Highness. I was stuck behind one of your obnoxious relatives in traffic. Totally my fault.

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to run ahead of those people, just to hold the next door shut. Hopefully there is a second door, and hopefully that second door is made of glass. That way they can see you flipping them the bird for being such self-entitled pricks.


One day.


No comments:

Post a Comment